Interior Pictures Prior to Move-In

It's been nearly two years since my last post and I've been meaning to follow-up with some passive house post construction articles--as I believe that sort of information is lacking online.

Now that Lisa and I have a good number of years under our belt living in our passive house, I will be posting some additional stories based upon our real-world experiences.

I continue to receive questions from readers interested in passive house (or energy efficient) construction and I would hope these upcoming articles can answer some of them.  I am open to suggestions for other topics that may be of interest.

Topics planned, include:
  • Real-world heating/cooling performance
  • Electricity monitoring with SiteSage (formerly eMonitor)
  • Earthtube status update
  • ERV performance & maintenance
  • Development cost analysis versus house appraisal
In the meantime, I realized that I have not shared any pictures of the interior of the house.

As I indicated at the outset of our project documentation, we wanted to design a luxury house that looked more conventional and less like a science project.

We think we hit this design goal.  Below are some pictures and videos of the interior of the house shortly after construction and before move-in.

Foyer, South Facing

Custom exotic wood staircase



Bridge railings

Dining room, 1st floor

Guest bathroom 2nd floor

2nd floor master bathroom jetted tub

Master bathroom 2nd floor walk-in shower

Master bathroom shower backlit stained glass

Master bathroom 2nd floor walk-in shower

ERVs, earth tube outlets, heat-pump water heater

Triple water filtration system, softener, UV treatment, RO unit

Office entrance

Foyer powder room


Breakfast room adjacent to kitchen

Great room, North facing

Kitchen

Minisplit 1st floor

Office 1st floor

Basement pet room & pet shower



Comments